How Floor Safety Works
Nano-Concepts is the premier slip-and-fall solutions provider for small businesses
With more than 400 owner-operators working across North America, Nano-Concepts has become the premier slip-and-fall solutions provider. According to the National Safety Council, more than 9 million disabling slip-and-fall injuries occur every year. With a proven concept and a peerless commitment to innovative technology, our Nano-Concepts owner-operators have helped fast-food outlets, nursing homes, restaurants, office buildings, banks, hospitals, malls, spas, pool decks, garages, country clubs and public buildings become safe environments for customers, clients and co-workers and spaces that are fully compliant with existing and forthcoming regulation for non-slip safety standards.
Nano-Concepts has invested significantly in technologies that have a profound impact on the safety of the business community. Unlike the competition, Nano-Concepts doesn’t apply a nonslip coating to floors; it uses a proprietary solution called Nano-Grip®, which changes the surface of the floor on a microscopic level without changing the look or feel of any given floor. After a floor is treated, the Nano-Grip solution is tested using a digital device to measure if the floor is compliant with OSHA and ADA standards. This is a win-win for the small business owner, who often can leverage this treatment to negotiate a lower rate from their insurance company, or possibly get fully reimbursed through a tax credit. The owner also gets the peace of mind of knowing that his or her employees and customers are safe as they walk around the business.
“We’ve developed a business model that centers on the very straightforward idea that small businesses in every community need to guard against slip-and-fall injuries and litigation,” says Charlie Werz, President and founder of Nano-Concepts. “You don’t need to be a good salesperson to be successful in this business, but you do need the drive to go out in your community and explain the benefits. Once you’ve made an introduction, you conduct a demonstration for a business owner. They can see the difference in their floors right away. They can see that the floor is safer wet then when it’s dry. It is very straightforward, and the demand remains constant.”
Nano-Grip is protecting people from slip-and-fall injuries and businesses from potentially expensive litigation
Nano-Concepts is experiencing explosive growth by capitalizing on three universal trends:
1) Slip-and-fall injuries are a tremendous problem for employers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that nearly a million people are injured as a result of a slip-and-fall every year. One lawsuit can shutter a small business forever, so responsible business owners are seeking solutions to protect their business and employees.
2) If the threats of costly lawsuits aren’t enough, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) just announced the new more rigorous standards for safe floors will go into effect in August of 2016. Businesses that do not comply with the new standards can be subject to OSHA fines for non compliance. In addition to OSHA standards, employers are mandated under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to guard against slip-and-fall hazards.
3) In a market that includes nearly every commercial business as a potential customer, the slip-and-fall solutions industry remains fragmented. This positions Nano-Concepts to capture a significant share of a booming market.
A simple Google search of “slip and fall” is a terrific way to measure the seriousness of slip-and-fall injuries. Inevitably, the first page is littered with lawyers advertising their services to help the unfortunate business owner who is dealing with litigation or to help the unfortunate slip-and-fall injury victim sue a business owner. Industrial Safety and Hygiene News published an article in August 2015 stating that slip-and-fall injuries are not only “responsible for 25% of all occupational injuries that require time off work, but they’re also notoriously difficult to solve.”
We provide exceptional training and ongoing support
You don’t necessarily need a background in injury prevention and floor treatment to own a Nano-Concepts business. We want to partner with good people who are passionate and committed to taking care of their customers and who want to become a valued part of their community. Once the decision is made to become a Nano-Concepts owner-operator, we provide a tremendous amount of coaching and resources to prepare our recruits to be successful in their new businesses.
“We host all new owner-operators for a day of training at our headquarters in Daytona Beach, Florida,” says Steve Sewell, Vice President of Business Development with Nano-Concepts. “Our newly trained Nano-Grip operators leave our facility ready to succeed. We also focus on developing 30-60-90 day progress plans to assist operators in starting their business. We provide marketing support and materials to help you launch your business. Along with our online training seminars, we also reach out to operators to offer advice and support.”
The time is now to open your Nano-Concepts business
Becoming an owner-operator with Nano-Concepts is more than an opportunity to own a lucrative business. This is an opportunity to enhance your lifestyle and secure a future for your family. It starts with the strength of our business model:
- Low investment opportunity: a Nano-Concepts business can be charged on a credit card
- Recession-resistant business: demand for service is rapidly growing
- Low inventory, low number of employees, no office needed
- Scalable and proven processes
- Reasonable business hours (great work/life balance)
- No prior experience required; easy to become an expert
- Minimal labor involved
With the total investment for a Nano-Concepts slip-and-fall solutions business priced at $12,500, a ceiling restoration business priced at $9,995, and the germ-free solution business priced at less than $7,000, Nano-Concepts offers three low-investment opportunities with high potential returns. With more than 400 locations in North America and abroad, the Nano-Concepts brand is ramping up for a nationwide and international expansion. The time to bring Nano-Concepts to your community is now.